Are you a student Industrial Engineering electromechanics and looking for a master thesis or summer job? Do you want to make the world a better place with innovation that improves patient care and makes the life of healthcare workers easier?
If yes, read more…
To support our innovation and extension of product portfolio, Ergotrics is looking for a student electromechanics to make our latest innovation (Morphemat for Intensive Care units) suitable for home care or elderly care centers. This new product is the Morphematic and your assignment is to bring this product from idea to launch.
What is the master thesis about?
- In short, the task is to develop the Morphemat (for intensive care units) into the Morphematic (for home care or residential care centres).
- This requires a connection with a (silent) pump whereby the patient or caregiver can automatically (by pressing a button) inflate or deflate (a little or completely) left or right. So your task is to develop a pump with a control panel or handheld (app?) to which we can connect the Morphemat.
- You can probably start from an existing pump, so it starts with market research. Then the most suitable pump has to be adapted and further developed.
- Final goal is to have a working prototype, with all drawings and preparations to go into production.
Who are we looking for?
- You study a master in industrial engineering (electromechanics) or medical engineering
- You can organize a complex project and bring it to successful completion solving hurdles and reaching deadlines
- You have a sense of responsibility and you self-driven (can work independently)
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You are a real team player and can communicate well
What do we offer?
- Be part of a growing start-up with international ambitions in the Turnhout region
- No theory but concrete results! A master thesis that is practical and leads to a concrete product launch
- A masterthesis with attention for your personal development and potential career start
- Michael Maes (industrial engineer from KU Leuven) will be your project supervisor. If necessary, we also have specific technical support from our design agency Voxdale.